Given that Moses’ latest abscesses have gone from being surface abscesses to internal abscesses, and this is not a good progression with respect to the direction of cure, I’ve been understandably concerned.
As many of you know, after 2.5 years of Heilkunst homeopathy, I decided to take a break from Heilkunst in November 2012 given that I wanted to see how Moses’ body would do on its own. I still feel that Heilkunst has been the most important thing that we have done for Moses’ healing, but most of the rounds of healing were difficult due to the healing reactions. It was also difficult because DH was not on board with this modality. He did not like our practitioner, did not understand homeopathy and thought it was a waste of money. It was very stressful on our family dynamic because we were constantly fighting about Moses’ treatment.
I brought up Heilkunst again with DH a couple of days ago and I met the same wall of resistance, so I don’t feel that it’s a treatment that we can pursue at this time. Plus, I’m not sure if it’s what Moses needs.
One of my readers shared:
While researching Heilkunst I found a lot of information about homotoxicology. I was also referred to Mary Coyle. Have you ever heard about her? She does a very thorough drainage and gently opens pathways and only then does sequential homeopathy. I talked to her on the phone and she told me that some kids are so sensitive that they can’t do heilkunst right away, they need to be prepared for it first to avoid bad healing reactions. I haven’t worked with her yet but she seems to be very knowledgeable.
Based on what I’ve read (see below), this may be something that I will consider. DH might be on board with it because it’s described as a bridge between allopathic and homeopathic medicine. I’ve often thought that I needed someone to bridge the gap between allopathic and homeopathic medicine. The reason why my husband loves our naturopath is that she provides a bridge and speaks to us in a language that we can both understand. I will research it further and will feel it out regarding whether we will pursue this further. In the meantime, I’d love to hear any of your experiences with it.
From Mary Coyle’s website:
The treatments involve a host of detoxification methods which work synergistically together. Where conventional and holistic treatments serve only to heal the structure of the body and it’s organs, we actually combine those methods and take it one step deeper: by applying the principles of Homotoxicology to detoxify the body at the cellular level.
Although homotoxicology is based on the principals of homeopathy, it can be thought of as a “bridge” between allopathic and homeopathic medicine. As such, it has many similarities to classical homeopathy as well as differences. One key difference is that it places more emphasis on the physical manifestations of disease and uses diagnostic tools based on anatomical and clinical findings (similar to allopathic medicine). Homotoxicology also utilizes complex homeopathic remedies designed to restore the child’s vital force, and balance the biological flow system.
Homotoxicology studies the influences of toxic substances in humans, where symptoms and disease are seen as a result of the appropriate biological resistance to these toxic substances (homotoxins). Homotoxicology views disease as a process within humans and antihomotoxic preparations are therefore designed to deal with the distinct stages of an illness.
The combination formulas we use, which are based on the principles developed by Dr. Hans Henrich Reckeweg (Germany), are unique and based upon not only a large body of knowledge but also on a complete strategy for therapeutic application in the various phases of disease.
Our special approach is to make the body ready and responsive for the treatments. Eliminating the toxins has become a recognized factor to a healthy body and is critical to the development of these children.
Our practitioners have determined that it is not enough to simply begin a treatment, such as IV or HBOT, on a child. If the body is not prepared to remove the toxins, the treatments will not have the proper effect. This is the vitally important aspect and the reason for the many concrete successes we have seen.
Blogs of parents who have used homotoxicology with their children with autism:
- Autism and Homeopathy – Read about 9 year old, Kale’s journey of healing with homeotoxicology here. After 2 months of treatment: “What kind of progress am I seeing on this homotoxicology protocol? I see increased eye contact, moments of pure clarity where he looks at me or someone else with those gigantic brown eyes as if he were seeing us in a different way, more compliant, laughing at appropriate situations that should be laughed at. He is also writing his phone number when asked what is your phone number? He is also attempting to write more. His verbal approximations are clearer and he is able to produce better sounds. Do I think this protocol is making a difference? ABSOLUTELY.”
- Hidden Recovery - “Most of our kids have deficits in metabolic pathways which cause nutrition deficiencies, inflammation which leads to hyper-reactivity and allergies, and a build-up of toxins. We found Homotoxicology to be the most effective way to heal Leo. Mary Coyle originally helped us do our first long-term detox with this method.”
- Regarding Caroline’s first month real time log re: homotoxicology here. So far, no gains reported.
- Recovering Sabrina – read about Sabrina’s first “in person” session here.
- Nichole’s recovery – Nichole’s mom eventually switched from homotoxicology to CEASE homeopathy (it’s a long story, read here).
- Lisa used homotoxicology to heal her 3.5 year old son with autism - “My middle child Max was diagnosed with ASD at the age 3 years old. He had a significant negative reaction to a flu vaccine at age 2 ¾ which led us to reflect on reactions he had all along with the vaccinations. Max had multi-sensory issues along with many autistic characteristics. He also had a nutritional absorption issue as he dropped off the growth chart from 50th percentile to 5th percentile after his first birthday. I knew we had to detoxify my son, but was concerned about his reaction to the chemical chelation therapies available. I heard a lecture in 2005 by Mary Coyle a homeopath regarding the principles of Homotoxicology and began this protocol shortly thereafter. Max began making significant improvements.”
- Compelling testimonials about the recovery of children with autism on Mary Coyle’s website here.
- Utilizing homotoxicology to assist the body in reducing microbial overload – pdf of presentation here.
- Autism One 2010 – Homeopathy & Homotoxicology and Their Role in Reversing Vaccine Injury article
- THRiiVE presentation at Autism 1 2009 -
Mary Coyle and Sandra Stewart (Part 1) video
Mary Coyle and Sandra Stewart (Part 2) video
- Homotoxicological chart – Dr. Reckeweg’s chart of homotoxicology maps out a very clear progression of cellular health, either in the direction of improvement, or in worsening. If you follow any row on the chart from the left to the right, it will illustrate a worsening of health, and from right to left indicates an improvement. According to this, Moses is in the deposition phase (i.e., swollen lymph nodes), which is in the 3rd of the 6th phase (6th being the worst). Read more about the deposition phase here.
I talked to someone from Mary’s office and Mary charges $350 for the first session and $185 every 6 weeks for subsequent sessions plus the cost of the remedies / supplements (which varies).
They also recommend SLIT therapy by Lawrance Caprio to be done in conjunction with homotoxicology. It’s basically the same as allergy shots but performed using drops. It’s a lengthy process to desensitize the body. This is accompanied by elimination diet. $200.00 for initial consultation plus $400.00 for food sensitivities testing and then oral drops, which would need to be repeated for awhile.
I asked about healing reactions and she said as the body releases toxins, we may observe healing reactions, but we would be able to slow them down as Mary would give instructions on how to administer the remedies. We would also need to collect samples of hair, finger nails and saliva to send to them for testing to see if the remedies are working as expected.
I’m currently not getting a yes to proceed with this modality at this time.