I am happy to say that we are in the clear. Moses is officially abscess-free and has been so for a few days. Woo hoo!!!!
So basically it took SEVEN WEEKS for Moses to clear all of the abscesses which resulted (in my opinion) from three reflexology appointments.
And because I like to track these things, I need to tell you that a total of 10 abscesses developed in the last seven weeks, four of which were drained under local anesthesia. Ack!
- one on his groin (drained under local anesthesia);
- three on one armpit (drained under local anesthesia). This one was the worst one on Moses since it was incredibly painful;
- two on one armpit (drained under local anesthesia with a complication that resulted in one night in the hospital);
- two on his bottom that resolved on their own;
- one on the back of his neck (drained under local anesthesia); and
- one on his jawline (which miraculously disappeared within days of the one on the back of his neck being drained).
I’ve already shared some blessings that occurred during this same time:
- Moses becoming more confident in his body;
- His hand writing and reading improved; and
- His breathing improved temporarily, but during the last few weeks, he’s been wheezing again… hmm…. What’s up with that?
One of the best developments is that we developed a GREAT relationship with a new surgeon who we absolutely love and we are so happy that his surgeon was on our side about NOT admitting Moses to the hospital for 10-14 days of IV antibiotics (Vancomycin), which just about most physicians would have done given the number of abscesses Moses developed. Thank God!!! I was happy that the surgeon was able to see how well Moses did emotionally and physically throughout these seven weeks.
Moses has been healing incredibly fast. For example, whereas last fall, it would take Moses 3-4 weeks to heal an abscess after it was drained, the last one healed within 12 hours of being drained. I feel that this is a really good sign of his underlying health. When his surgeon saw him 3 days after it was drained, he said with surprise, “He might have stuff going on with his immune system, but he heals incredibly fast“. It was during that same visit that they also determined that the abscess on his jaw (which the surgeon had already planned to drain by general anesthesia) had completely resolved itself. Whew!
My prayer and hope is that now that we will now have a good long break and rest. I’m not planning on re-starting anything that may potentially cause any abscesses. No more homeopathy. No more reflexology. We’ll continue with essential oils, some supplements, chiropractic, total body modification and cranialsacral therapy (more details about his treatment plan here). That’s about it. Our family needs a break and rest.
I write this post on the eve before Moses 7th birthday. I can’t help but think of my shamanic healer’s vision, when Moses’ soul told her that he would be done most of his medical difficulties by the time he is 7 years old. He showed her, holding up 7 fingers. Seven.
So be it, and it is so and so it is.
Please join me in my prayers.