In my quest for finding a way to heal Moses’ various health problems, I have tried a lot of different things. Many, many methods of healing. I think many things helped to stabilize his system, but nothing has helped in such a meaningful way as Heilkunst (a type of homeopathic treatment). We started Heilkunst homeopathy treatment 6 months before his diagnosis with Job’s Syndrome, and will continue with it until my son is healed.
I was introduced to this method of healing by a local mom of two sensitive children, who told me that it was extremely effective in helping her children. She encouraged me to watch this video Heilkunst and Autism: Removing Cause vs. Managing Symptoms. The presentation is by Rudi Verspoor, the founder of the Hahnemann Centre and Heilkunst Homeopathy Clinic in Ottawa. It shows a grounded way to look at health, treating chronic/complicated illnesses and cure. When I finally watched the video, I got very excited because Heilkunst approaches treatment in a way that makes sense to me: removing the underlying cause.
The traditional medical system manages symptoms and does not remove the underlying cause. An example of managing a symptom would be treating eczema with hydrocortisone. The problem with managing the symptom in this way is that approx. 70% of children with eczema who are treated by hydrocortisone develop asthma. (And, we’ve seen this for ourselves as our son only developed asthma after we started using hydrocortisone on a more consistent basis). It’s as though the “energy of the disease” (e.g., whatever is causing eczema) needs to find expression and if you block expression of the disease, it was find a way to express itself in another (often more serious) form. You can read more about healing reactions here and the direction of cure here.
Heilkunst treatment addresses the underlying cause on an energetic level. If you want to know more about this method of healing, I highly recommend reading the book Autism: The Journey Back – Recovering the Self Through Heilkunst (it’s relevant for all individuals who are interested in learning about Heilkunst, not only parents of children with autism).
Heilkunst treats for traumas one by one in a reverse sequence, with the most recent trauma first. (A more clinical description of Sequential Treatment can be found here). Each round of healing takes about a month. Heilkunst also treats “emotional diseases” (including grief, fear, anger and guilt), chthonic disease states (fear and anxiety) and inherited chronic miasms. One of the things that you should know about this process is that sometimes things get worse before they get better. Some of Moses healing reactions have been quite drastic (like developing pneumonia in the first month), but even by the end of the first month, we started seeing improvements in Moses’ health (within the first seven weeks, Moses’ lungs were clearer after his initial healing reaction and his stamina started to improve).
I’ve read that with respect to healing autism, healing can take as long as 1-2 years to complete the first level of healing (i.e., to heal one’s lifetime of traumas, in reverse sequence, until birth), although good improvement is normally noticed within 3 to 6 months. We suspect that Moses’ healing will take a few years. My vision is that one day Moses will have normal IgE levels and will be completely asthma-free, eczema-free and allergy-free with the help of this treatment. (Oct 2011 update: 17 months after starting treatment, my son’s lungs are mostly clear, his skin is essentially eczema-free and his allergies ARE healing!).
If you want to read about our Heilkunst journey, here’s a list of all of my posts about this topic:
- Introduction Why we decided to give Heilkunst a try
- Round 1 – healing reaction: pneumonia, but during this time, his stamina also improved and his lungs completely cleared
- Round 2 - clearing reaction: breathing problems, but during this time, he started having less night terrors and we were able to take him off medications completely after the healing reaction.
- Round 3 – clearing MMR (Moses); clearing Moses’s birth trauma (me); Moses’ asthma is starting to heal
- Hereditary predisposition for autism and an introduction to chronic miasms – here
- Round 4 (mid)- clearing DTaP-IPV-Hib (Moses); clearing prenatal ultrasound (me); life is feeling easier
- Round 4 (end) – starting to introduce new foods to Moses’ diet
- Round 5 – no more wheezing
After the diagnosis:
- Round 6 – more food introductions (citrus fruits, honey)
- Round 7 – now stays dry at night, fewer night terrors, doing well emotionally
- Round 8 – difficult month; tooth pulled; scratched cornea; clearing anaesthetic
- Round 9 – clearing the difficulties related to his birth; easier month
- Round 10 – clearing emotions of his birth; reinjured cornea;
- End of Round 10 – gifts emerging after clearing birth emotions
- Round 11 – clearing prenatal ultrasounds; Moses is doing very well
- Round 12 – clearing dental work; very difficult couple of weeks
- Round 12 (Part 2) – more eye problems, but his lungs and skin are clearing.
- Summary of one year’s healing here.
- Round 13 – clearing Psora miasm – Moses is doing phenomenally well.
- My exercise-induced asthma is healed!
- Round 14 – healing Tuberculosis miasm – lungs are clear, rashes really bad, emotionally doing well
- Thoughts about pneumonia
- Round 15 – healing Ringworm miasm
- Treatment during dental abscess and pneumonia
- Round 16 – healing Sycosis miasm (first and second potency)
- Paper remedy for Diflucan and Flovent
- Round 17 – healing Sycosis miasm (third and fourth potency)
- Round 18 – healing Carcinosin 30C
- Round 19 – healing Carcinosin 200C and here. Gifts here.
- Round 20 – healing Carcinosin (Update) / Start of clearing Syphilinum 30C here
- Round 21 – healing Syphilinum 30C and here.
- Round 22 – healing Syphilinum 200C and gifts.
Some of my general posts about Heilkunst:
- Introduction to the chronic miasms;
- Heilkunst view of night terrors;
- Four energy bodies according to Heilkunst;
- Four disease categories according to Heilkunst;
- Why I think Heilkunst can help even “non-responders” (people who don’t respond to other forms of treatment, including medical treatment and other alternative treatments) here; and
- How Heilkunst compares to other forms of homeopathy here.
If you want to learn more, here are some good Heilkunst resources:
- Canadian – International Heilkunst Association – FAQ
- Arcanum Wholistic Clinic - Heilkunst FAQ and blog (very useful information on this website!)
- Hahnemann Center for Heilkunst – Resources and Links
- Hahnemann Clinic for Heilkunst – here
- Hahnemann Colleage on ITunes (see public access) – here
- Difference between Heilkunst and classical homeopathy here
Useful information about various aspects of Heilkunst treatment – here
- Detailed case study – here
- Brochure that describes healing reactions - here
- Definitions of 8 chronic miasms here and here
- The eight chronic miasms are: Psorinum (Psora), Malaria (Malaria), Tuberculosis (Tuberculinum), Ringworm (Ringworm), Sycosis (Medorrhinum), Carcinosin (Cancer), Syphilinum (Syphilis) and Lyme (Lyme). Detailed information about the chronic miasms can be found in the book, “Chronic Disease in Dr. Hahnemann’s Medical System” by Decker, Smith and Verspoor, starting on page 67.
- Great explanation of the energetics involved with Heilkunst homeopathy, chronic miasms and more here.
- Homeopathic constitutional types – here, here, and here
- Genotypes: silicea (perfectionist; DH and I are both silicea); sulphur (lives in the here and now; Moses is sulphur); phosphorus (enthusiastic); lycopodium (strongly grounded in rational mind); pulsatilla (shy, coy); and calcarea carbonicum (down to earth, community-minded).
- Phenotypes: Natrum Muriaticum (old grief); Arsenicum (fear, control freaks); Staphysagria (victimization); Nux vomica (thwarted ambition); Sepia (totally fed up); Lachesis (guilt, jealousy, and envy).
- Chthonic realm (deep fear states) – here and here.
- Hot stream: Belladonna (fever); stramonium (fear of being abandoned); hyoscyamus (jealousy); veratrum album (losing face);
- cold stream: arnica (fear of being penetrated, shock); baryta carbonicum (shyness); bufo rana (creepy, slimy, perversions); helleborous (confusion, head injuries, weak memory).
- Tonic (constant, always appearing the same way) vs. pathic disease (variable – unique one-time manifestations, dependent on the individual expression of the patient) – here
- Ideogenic disease (the highest disease – illusions, delusions and core beliefs) – Thuja (warts, feeling ugly), Hura (feeling like an outcast); Hydrogen (spacey); Coca and Cocaine (fear of heights and fear of falling, false ego ambitions); Agaricus (dependent, weak will); Anacardium (schizophrenic split); Anhalonium (loss of sense of self); Cannabis Indica ( escaping the perceived dangers of the outer world, and retreating into a safe inner world of one’s own construction); Germanium (perfectionism)
Emotional droppers (NSOL):
Natrum Muriaticum – for feelings of bereavement and loss, and ultimately for a challenge to someone’s core belief structure which questions whether people and the world in general can be trusted.
Staphysagria – for feelings of being victimized, or abused. Possibly for an anger without knowing exactly where or how to direct it.
Opium – for the root state of mind underneath many fears and anxieties. A kind of feeling “frozen in place”, like the dreams where someone is on a railway track, and cannot move a muscle.
Lachesis – for feelings of guilt, and a generally intense state of pent-up emotions looking for an outlet. Think of the image of a snake all charged up, and ready to strike out suddenly with its venomous tongue.
- Different levels / aspects of Heilkunst:
1 – sleep, basics of nutrition, breathing, sunlight, hydration (here)
2 – water, recreation (here)
3 - The difference between feeling full and feeling satisfied. Also, the use of sequential eating to optimize digestion and assimilation (here)
4 – typologies – the blood type diet, the glandular diet, the metabolic typing diet
5 – avoid soy products, grains and milk products (here)
6 – reduce sugar
7 – detoxification
8 – nutrigenomics and tonic regimen (here)
9 – pathic and first aid prescribing here
10 – tackling myths – cholesterol myth, flourinated water and microwaved foods
11 – sequential timeline (here)
12 – healthy hormone function (here)
13 – chronic miasms (here)
14 – know thyself (6 genotypes and 6 phenotypes; resonance) – here
15 – highest levels of health (here)
16 – advanced timeline treatments (here)
17 – dealing with the false ego (here)
18 – dealing with the false ego using Mercurius (here)
19 – healing with Lanthanides (here)
- Lanthanum — The beginning of the journey into autonomy. Confusion as to whether it is possible, or not. Healthy state : Realization that freedom is the goal.
- Cerium — Wants autonomy, but plagued by hesitation. Healthy state : decisiveness.
- Praseodynium — Sets out on the path of autonomy, but easily discouraged by setbacks. Healthy state : perseverance.
- Neodynium — Try to prove their autonomy through reckless action. Healthy state : Being firm.
- Promethium — Falsely takes up role of saving others. Healthy state : Willing to share their experiences, when asked.
- Samarium — Feel they need to constantly guard their freedom from perceived threats. Health state : Apply self-defense as necessary.
- Europium – Seeking approval through cleverness. Healthy state : Command of scientific logic.
- Tissue salts and Heilkunst – here
- Autism and Heilkunst - here and here
- The three jurisdictions of medical Heilkunst here.
- Therapeutic regimen with Heilkunst - here
- Homeopathic dose, potency and methods of delivery – here
- Excellent distinction between healing reaction and side effect here
- Homotoxicological chart – Dr. Reckeweg’s chart of homotoxicology maps out a very clear progression of cellular health, either in the direction of improvement, or in worsening. If you follow any row on the chart from the left to the right, it will illustrate a worsening of health, and from right to left indicates an improvement. Read also this and this.
- Homeopathic remedies for first aid – here and here.
- The best remedy kits and resource books for homeopathic first aid here
- Books recommended by a Heilkunstler here
- Supplements recommended by a Heilkunstler here and here
- Blog lists of others who are using Heilkunst to heal – here
To find your own Doctor of Medical Heilkunst, there’s a directory here. If you can’t find Heilkunstler in your area, some of them do telephone consultations as well (which is just as effective – most of my consultations for both Moses and me have been over the telephone).
If you live in Newfoundland, I highly recommend the Heilkunstlers at the Dynamis Health Centre in St. John’s.