We are at the end of Round 4 of our Heilkunst journey and are doing better than ever. Some highlights:
- We have introduced beef back to Moses’ diet! The last time he ate beef was 2.5 years ago. We found a source of organic beef at the farmer’s market, so I feel good feeding it to him. Also, we’re starting to try to follow the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet, and beef is considered a better meat source than chicken for individuals with a blood Type B (both Moses and I are Type B). We are soooooo happy to successfully introduce a new meat source to Moses!!!
- Yesterday, we gave Moses pineapple juice for the first time, and there was no ill effects. Yay!! Pineapple juice is considered a beneficial juice for Type Bs. Bromelain, an enzyme in the pineapple, helps to digest foods more easily.
- DH made some gluten-free scones last night for the first time (another Food Allergy Survival Guide recipe). Yum, yum! We are now all essentially eating gluten-free, which has been making meal planning easier.
- Moses’ immune system is showing evidence of getting stronger. Everyone around Moses has been sick during the last week (including DH, me, both of the other kids at his dayhome, and the husband of his dayhome provider), and Moses did not get sick!
- Moses had an accidental ingestion of something with wheat and likely dairy and eggs. (He was eating fries from Swiss Chalet [the only restaurant that we feel safe eating out at] and told us “I just tasted something that tasted like a chicken nugget”). His eczema flared up for a day, but then subsided shortly thereafter. It seems like his system is getting better at processing things through.
- He has only needed his ventolin puffer once since his last healing reaction. DH still has him on flovent at night (2 puffs at night), but I’ve encouraged him to drop it down to 1 puff at night. (Of course, I’d rather if he not be on it at all).
- The eczema on his face has subsided. It’s still bad on his back, but as I’ve mentioned before, the eczema is his body’s way of clearing out whatever needs to be cleared out. It’s a great sign that the eczema has moved from his face because the disease is moving out (from his lungs to his skin) and down (from his face down to his trunk and out to his arms and legs). This is the general direction that healing shows up in the body (out and then down).
- In summary: Yay, yay, and yay!
I’m so happy that we are feeling like we can start introducing foods back to Moses’ diet. This is a huge sign that things are changing. In particular, we will be preferentially introducing foods that are considered “beneficial” or “neutral” according to the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet. If you have any experience with the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet, please share your story because I’d like to know what your experiences are.
We are considering the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet because it’s the diet that is recommended by our Heilkunst practitioner (and I also notice that this is one of the diets that Dr. Klinghardt recommends as well). Synchonistically, a good friend of ours started the Eat Right for your Blood Type diet around the same time that we were considering it and she has found that her energy levels increased. Another good friend of mine says that she feels better when she is eating according to her blood type. Lastly, DH has been on his own journey towards health over the last year, and has found on his own that removing eggs, gluten and dairy and adding red meat to his diet has helped his energy levels and improved his digestion. When he read up on the blood type diet, he realized that he was already following many of the suggestions for a blood Type O. I never in my wildest dreams thought that DH would be eating a gluten and dairy-free diet and now he is. He is way more regimented in eating gluten and dairy-free than myself as he now really feels sick when he eats any of these foods. (Happily, as a Blood Type B, I’m allowed to eat dairy, and I’m back to eating some dairy, especially organic butter and cheddar cheese).
[There's an interesting story about DH's change of diet. Three years ago, he prayed that he would develop Moses' allergies so that Moses can be alleviated from his allergies. Sure enough, DH has actually developed some real sensitivities to foods that he has been able to eat all of his life.]
DH isn’t seeing the Heilkunst practitioner, but he’s been doing his own thing and is consulting a naturopath, an acupuncturist and a psychologist to help with his own healing. He eats healthy foods and is very dedicated to getting enough exercise. He receives energy healing sessions from me from time to time, including a soul retrieval a few weeks ago. I’m very proud of him and his dedication to his health and the family.
I mentioned in my last Heilkunst update post that all three of us are doing better emotionally. DH and I are less anxious and stressed about Moses’ health, and Moses has been happier, more content and hasn’t had a tantrum in a long time. Over the last couple of weeks, his night terrrors have come back, but he has a new homeopathic remedy for that now, and I suspect that it’s also a sign that he is at another level of clearing.
During this next round of Heilkunst healing, Moses will be clearing the four times that he has had general anesthetic (two cysts that needed to be drained, and two for dental work). I’ll be clearing the shock related to a snowboarding fall (nothing too serious, but enough of an impact that one of my toenails eventually fell off). I’ll let you know how it goes!