I recently have been using some of Donna Eden’s “energy medicine” techniques on the whole family (thanks to Jaime for recommending Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine book to me). Donna Eden’s energy medicine is very accessible and easy — it essentially involves gentle movements and / or pressing different acupressure points on the body, helping the body’s flow of energy.
I love how simple, easy and quick these techniques are. Anyone can do them. Not only that, there are really effective. I’ve been feeling more centred when I remember to use these techniques.
I’ve been trying to do some of them before Moses goes to school and before he goes to bed. I tell him that I’m pressing his “magic buttons”. It is easy enough for Moses to do on his own, but for now, I’m doing it for him.
Two techniques are the “zip up” and the “hook up”, which helps one to quickly centre themselves.
The zip up:
- You zip up an imaginary zipper from your pubic bone to your bottom lip (I’ve been doing it on Moses from his belly to his bottom lip and then all the way up over his head, to connect his aura with Spirit energy).
- Repeat three times.
- The zip up helps one to feel more safe and protected, less vulnerable to outside energies (so important for sensitive children who are so energetically sensitive to their surroundings).
The hook up:
- You place one hand on your third eye and one hand on your navel and pull up for 15 to 20 seconds.
- It’s a quick and powerful way to centre oneself.
- Donna Eden says in her Energy Medicine for Women book that they have used this technique to stop a seizure within 15-20 seconds.
- I used the hook up when Moses was having a night terror and his night terror stopped within 15-20 seconds. hmmmm….
Watch a video of the zip up and the hook up here: