We made it through.
It’s such a significant thing that I need to write a post about it.
Moses has officially been abscess-free for 5 whole weeks. This is huge since he hasn’t been abscess-free for an extended period of time since June 2012. His last abscess resolved in mid-February 2015. That’s almost 3 years of a steady stream of abscesses.
- 11 abscesses between June to December 2012; hospitalized for a total of 22 days to treat abscesses (two separate occasions) on intensive IV antibiotics to try to resolve them. He developed pneumonia as a secondary infection during the second visit. Almost all of them needed surgical drainage (combination of general and local).
- hospitalized for 3 days to surgically drain the intra-abdominal abscesses.
- 67 abscesses developed between the end of March and the end of the year: 41 abscesses that have drained spontaneously, 17 that needed surgical intervention (2 general anesthesia for 11 of them, and 6 under local), 9 that disappeared on their own.
- 6 abscesses spontaneously drained and 1 resolved on own during a 6 week period from early January to mid-February.
Total from June 2012 to Feb 2015: 131 abscesses over a period of less than 3 years = insanity
Before this time, there were sporadic abscesses between the time that he was an infant until he was 5 years old
- 1 year old: several abscesses developed on his head that were drained by his family physician and one that needed general anaesthesia on the side of his jaw;
- 2 years old: one on the back of his head resolved on its own;
- 3 years old: one under his eye needed general anaesthesia.
- 5 years old: a dental abscess resulted in pneumonia and a blood tranfusion (15 days of hospitalization).
- 141 abscesses;
- 53 days of hospitalizations over 7 visits related to abscesses (there were other hospitalizations for different reasons, such as pneumonia and other infections);
- countless general and local anesthesia;
- countless medical visits related to abscesses, not including all of the other medical visits related to other aspects of his care (often weekly with his surgeon in 2014, which meant missed swimming lessons); and
- countless at home nurse and at school visits for after surgery care (in 2012, the nurse would visit every day for up to a month after the surgery to “pack” the abscess with dressings).
Thankfully, many of the abscesses were pain-free. Thank God! But, a few of them caused a lot of pain and one was so painful that it caused us to postpone our summer trip to visit my family in another province for a month. (Oh, the emotional pain / disappointment of cancelling that trip). And all of the abscesses always caused some sort of physical pain either during local anaesthesia (the anaesthesia didn’t numb all of the pain), or the pain associated with the open wound care and the dressing changes. It has literally been non-stop for almost 3 years.
So much pain. So much suffering.
So much pain for us all.
Then, there was my own personal pain – the fact that I stopped teaching yoga and offering energy healing classes because I thought that there might be a link between the abscesses and the healing work that I did. I grieved the loss of my identity for months.
What does it all mean?
What was it all for? What was the gift? What were the blessings?
God only knows.
One thing that I do know is that we learned firsthand what it means to suffer and we how to be present for another’s suffering. (Goodness, it was hard). It took all of my wits to be present for it. And the truth is that for a lot of it, I wasn’t completely present and embodied. It was too hard. But, man, did we ever get practice.
I shared the above meme back in September 2014, when we were contemplating re-starting homeopathy. I had a feeling that this meme had a message for us. That somehow it would all make sense one day. That somehow the magnitude of the blessing would be in proportion to the magnitude of the battle that we fought. And oh, what a battle it was.
On December 1, 2014, I had a dream that the “root” of Moses’ abscesses had been excised, and a huge “energetic” surgery had been done. I saw it so clearly in my dream. I can still see it now. It felt like a prophetic / meaningful powerful dream. And so it is and so it was.
While we were on the 2 year break from Heilkunst (between Nov 2012 and Oct 2014), I think that Moses’ body was stuck in one of the miasms and he was on a repeat loop. His body kept creating abscesses to try to resolve the “disease”, but without the right remedies, his body was just stuck on repeat. And the repeat loop got worse and worse until we re-started back with homeopathy.
In fact Arcanum Wholistic Clinic talks about just this phenomenon:
“This is where Heilkunst shines, in terms of bringing in the counterpart to energy prescribing (symptoms), and into what we call ‘tonic’ prescribing — that is, the disease pattern which is creating the underlying force field, and from which all symptoms emerge. Without a logical, systematic understanding of how to address this force field, the patient will forever repeat their symptoms in the same or similar form, never fully curing them.” – Source.
I mentioned to my Heilkunstler back in December that Moses started developing chronic abscesses when we started clearing the chronic miasms (it started when when we were in the middle of clearing Carcinosin), and she thought that once we cleared the first round of the miasms (there are 8 in total), he would no longer have any abscesses.
I’m happy to say that it didn’t take clearing all 8 of the first round of miasms. (It took clearing Tuberculinum to 50M, Medhorrhinum to 10M and Ringworm to 50M, and Staphylococcinum powders to 13C on the Fibonacci scale and a CM dropper). That’s all (I say with tongue in cheek)!
I am so grateful.
My boy is healthy. My boy is well. What a blessing that is.
I feel like the work that we have been doing through Heilkunst has brought us home. And so it has.
What a blessing.
p.s. During our last session with his Heilkunstler, she mentioned that we shouldn’t be surprised if Moses develops some new abscesses when clearing the next chronic miasm (Medhorrhinum) since Med. is often associated with abscesses. I do feel that even if Moses develops some new abscesses in the future, what is different is that we will no longer be stuck in that same repeat loop. I truly feel that is over. Thank God!!!!!!