I’d been looking for a good protein source to feed my son as he seems to be sensitive to most meats (except organic lamb) and other common sources of protein. We’ve been feeding him 5 tablespoons of hemp hearts every morning with organic banana for breakfast and it has been making me feel good knowing that he is starting his day with a good protein source, enzymes, and healthy oils. It’s been a God-send.
Here are some of the benefits to hemp hearts… (see here for more info)
– More required amino acids (proteins) than milk, meat or eggs.
– A complete protein source – more balanced and digestible than Soy.
– Contains about 47% oil, 78% of which is Omega or Essential Fats.
– Contains all the Essential or Omega Fats required for human health.
– Contains several times more Omega 3 Essential Fats than any fish.
– More energy than energy bars but with no sugar and less saturated fat.
– Suitable for those unable to eat gluten, sugar, milk, nuts and meat.
– Perfect for those with constipation and those avoiding carbohydrates.
June 14, 2011: I’ve been eating hemp hearts on just about every morning for breakfast for two years now! On the mornings that I don’t eat hemp hearts, I notice that I’m hungry soon after breakfast. Now, I’m going to add chia seeds to my hemp hearts as well!
Moses doesn’t like hemp hearts as much, but I sneak them into his shakes, etc.