Moses’ asthma seems to be getting worse and we’re thinking it may be related to the puppy we got at the end of October. Sad, but true. We’ve been using his puffer (which we hate giving to him) pretty regularly. And recent blood work shows that his IgE levels related to dogs have changed from low to moderate within a month of getting Cookie dog. It’s been such a gradual progression (i.e., his asthma getting worse), but my husband thinks that it started soon after we got our puppy.
On the positive side of things, we have dear friends who are great dog owners (and have a dog of their own) who are willing to take Cookie either temporarily (if we decide that Cookie wasn’t a factor in Moses’ allergies), or adopt her permanently, if need be. We make the transition this weekend. We’ll be able to visit Cookie as much as we like and I think she’ll be happy there because she’ll have Charlie (the other dog) for company, and she’ll be walked more consistently than she’s being walked by us.