Well, I’m in heaven. I just found out that a fellow mom of a sensitive boy has started a “Safe Cakes” business in Paradise, NL.
- Allergy-friendly baked goods
- Free of dairy, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts
- Made on dedicated equipment
- Wheat / gluten free cakes are also available.
- To order, contact Dawn at 709-782-2082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safe Cakes Facebook Group is here.
I am gifted at many things, but truthfully baking isn’t one of them (not yet anyway). Last year, I made my boy a gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free cake for his birthday, but it didn’t rise. (I’ve actually attempted to make many allergy-friendly baked goods for Moses, which haven’t turned out). We sang happy birthday to him and he blew out a tealight candle (which he loved doing again and again and again), and we had many other safe treats for him, but just no birthday cake.
This year, he’s going to have a “Safe Cakes” cake!
Update (May 2010): We ordered the apple cinnamon muffins (with a few minor modifications to accommodate his allergies) for his birthday and they were delicious!!