Moses is currently in the hospital with a urinary tract infection. It’s a long story, which I’ll get to, but let’s start with the blessings since that helps me to focus on the positive.
- Moses responded to the IV antibiotic very quickly. Much more quickly than is expected. He was admitted on Saturday night at midnight. By Saturday at noon, he was already starting to feel better and his last bout of pain was Sunday at 3 pm.
- We have a great network of family and friends who care and support us in so many ways (visiting, meals, calls, encouraging emails, prayers).
- Yesterday, Moses called our house so that he could leave a message for our birds. Much to our surprise, his Grammie answered the phone. She was there preparing dinner for DH and I as a surprise. A couple of minutes later, Moses was also talking to his Uncle Ted, who also happened to stop by our house at exactly that same moment. He was dropping off some soup that Cheryl had made for us. We are so well loved and cared for. It was the highlight of our day.
- My employer is always so supportive when Moses is sick, so I’m able to concentrate on caring for Moses without needing to worry about my work responsibilities.
- I’ve had Rachel Naomi Remen’s Kitchen Table Wisdom for company, which has been extremely healing for me.
- I have been making peace with the medical system and we received such great care from the nurses and the doctors.
- The nurses typically have a difficult time getting the IV in place, but this time, they were able to get the IV in place in the first attempt. So thankful about this!
- I’ve been practicing Racquel’s grounding and protection tools, which I feel is really helping (read more here).