This is what we are currently doing in terms of treatments and supplements to heal my sensitive boy. My boy is currently thriving and has come a long, long, long, long way in his healing. If you were to meet him now, you would see a bright, funny, sensitive, healthy, strong, and vibrant boy.
His rashes (a typical sign of individuals with Job’s syndrome / Hyper IgE syndrome) are essentially healed. He was once allergic/sensitive to 40+ foods, and now it’s down to four foods (gluten, dairy, fish and eggs) (much more manageable). His IgE levels (which is related to his allergic condition) have decreased from 70,000 IU/mL to 16,612 IU/mL in the last year. We are very thankful.
I feel that Moses’ healing has been so remarkable because we have pursued all five levels of healing during Moses’ healing journey (i.e., healing Moses’ physical, energy, mental, intuitive and spiritual bodies), in addition to a focus on the whole family’s healing journey.
- Heilkunst homeopathy – out of all of the things that we did, this has been the most significant for Moses’ healing; we consult with his Heilkunstler every 4-6 weeks or so. I highly recommend Heilkunst homeopathy. We had previously consulted with three classical homeopaths, and found that classical homeopathy didn’t help our son.
- Cranialsacral therapy, total body modification and chiropractic adjustment by his chiropractor (every 4-6 weeks)
- We also occasionally consult with a naturopathic doctor (once or twice a year) (read about one of our consultations here)
- karmic healing
- Frankincense to support his immune system;
- Essential oil blend for intra-cellular healing;
- Protective blend to support his immune system;
- Grounding blend to help keep him grounded and calm; and
- lavender for calming, bumps and scrapes.
Not every day, but when we can hide it in shakes, etc.:
- We feed my son as much organic food as possible
- Finding how what he was sensitive / allergic to and avoiding the allergenic foods (we found out through RAST tests, prick tests, IgE blood tests, IgG blood tests, sensitivity tests, experientially, and some DIY food sensitivity tests at home)
- Details about meals for my food-allergic boy (happily, he only has a handful of allergies now) here
- epsom salt baths with tea tree oil (antimicrobial properties – for rashes associated with Job’s syndrome — his rashes are just about all healed now)
- We try to minimize medications to the extent possible because medications often do more harm than good (i.e., side effects) and medications do not heal, but suppress symptoms, which drive the “disease” deeper into an individual (whereas, homeopathy heals the root cause of disease).
- He is taking Alvesco (a preventative puffer for his asthma) – 1 puff in the morning and 1 puff at night. I hope to get him off this very soon!
- Prophylactic antibiotic (Keflex — read here about Keflex dosage) related to his Job’s syndrome diagnosis. The story of how we came to terms with starting these medications here. He was on them from the time he was first diagnosed when he was 4 years old. We’ve tried to stop it from time to time with not so great success (read more here).
- 2% hydrocortisone /Bactroban for his ears when his rash is bad (DH will use 1% hydrocortisone on other parts of his body when his rash is bad, typically during healing reactions).
- Moses will not be receiving any further vaccinations. More about this here.
Other ideas about supplements:
- Recommended supplements to boost the immune system here
- Recommended supplements for autism, recommended by a Heilkunst practitioner here
- If you don’t have your own homeopath, you can try some homeopathic remedies for colds and flus at your natural health food store (e.g., Kids 0-9, Hylands).
- Prayer and meditation (a story about our answered prayer here)
- Karmic healing
- Visualizing Moses as healed (our story here and here)
- In addition to researching a treatment/supplement, we rely on our intuition / divination when deciding on which treatments to use on our son
- Intergenerational healing
- Spending as much time in nature
- Using Donna Eden’s energy medicine techniques (read here and here). Don’t use it very often anymore.
- Gratitude for our many blessings, even during difficult times.
- Orgone pendant
Things we have tried in the past:
(Note that all of these techniques likely helped to some extent, but there’s only so much money and time, so we had a pick and choose which treatments to stick with and implement. Also Moses didn’t necessarily like all of these treatments, so that helped us to choose as well).
- acupressure – probably could help, but Moses doesn’t like his acupressure points stimulated. Note, that we did try 3 reflexology appointments and Moses developed 10 abscesses following the treatments (read this and this). Great link about acupressure points here.
- aloe vera juice – good for teeth – we just got out of the habitat of using it.
- Alpha CRS supplement – developed a bad rash after taking it. Some thoughts as to why this might have been the case here.
- beta-glucans, a supplement that is good for the immune system – Moses didn’t like the taste, even though it tasted like a sour candy
- body talk – hard to say if it helped, but Moses received body talk every 4 weeks or so when he was 1.5 years to 2.5 years of age
- cactus juice, which has anti-inflammatory properties. Recommended by a natural health practitioner who said that she finds it helps her cancer patients. Unfortunately, Moses didn’t like the taste. We hid it in his shakes and didn’t wind up using all of it. It was extremely expensive ($150 a bottle).
- calcium-magnesium – June 1, 2012: Moses was on a liquid calcium-magnesium supplement since he was quite young until he was 6 years old. DH recently heard that there’s a link between calcium supplements and heart disease, so we’ve stopped this supplement, although Moses still gets a calcium supplement in the orange juice that he drinks.
- castor oil abdominal massage – Moses didn’t like this, so we didn’t get in the habit of doing this
- Chinese herbal remedies recommended by an acupuncturist (we didn’t find a noticeable effect)
- classical homeopathy – we consulted with three different classical homeopaths, including one who was out of province and who specialized in children with eczema and an author of a book about treating children with eczema with homeopathy. We didn’t find a noticeable effect, although Moses’ rashes got extremely worse. That being said, I know that some people have had amazing results from classical homeopathy.
- Diflucan (prescription antifungal) – he doesn’t need it any more. Yay!
- eat right for your blood type – found it too restrictive for foods that you can eat (esp. since Moses is already on a restricted diet)
- Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment – caused an increase in rashes, likely because it contains lanolin
- flax seed oil – he was on a daily flax seed oil (1 tsp) for two years, until we found this great vegetarian omega 3 oil which is even better than flax seed oil. Currently, we are using amaranth oil.
- Flovent – he was on Flovent (a preventative puffer) for his asthma for approx. a year (something that I wasn’t a fan of, but DH and his physicians felt strongly about it). We switched to Alvesco once we stopped his antifungal medication because Flovent may result in thrush.
- Genestra Bio-Vitamin B12 plus Folic Acid – stopped using it because a medical intuitive advised us to stop using it (he was on it for years, and stopped when he was almost 9 years old, in April 2015).
- gentian violet – didn’t help his chronic thrush long-term (and was terribly messy)
- emotional freedom technique (EFT) – I love this technique and highly recommend it although I don’t currently use it very much anymore (you can read a story about how EFT helped our family here)
- glutathione-accellerating supplement (Dr. Keller’s Original Glutathione Formula). Read more about glutathione here. We only gave this to him a couple of times because detoxes quite strongly on it (i.e., an increase in rashes). A friend of mine wondered if Moses has a double COMT gene mutation – there are some things in the Alpha he could react too like the Acetyl L Carnitine and Quercetin. Read more here.
- Himalayan salt sole – I found it too salty and didn’t get into the habit of doing it with Moses
- iron supplement – his hemoglobin levels were once very low and now they are on the low side of normal, so we don’t need to supplement his iron any more
- lanolin – causes an increase in rashes
- liquid chlorophyll – Moses was too sensitive even for liquid chlorophyll (i.e., caused an increase in rashes)
- Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET) – tried it when he was 2 years old (~6 sessions). Did not help (they “desensitized” him to eggs, and a few days later, he wound up in the hospital for four days after accidental exposure to eggs). I loved the theory behind NAET and some people swear by it.
- New German Medicine – one session in November 2013 – didn’t resonate.
- Nutravege – can’t remember why we stopped. Right now we are using amaranth oil instead because our Heilkunstler said that Moses’ body “tested high” for amaranth oil.
- Probiotics, are of course important. We used Genestra HMF powder between 3.5 years to 9 years old. Really too long to be on the same probiotic. He is currently using GutPro probiotic.
- RespirActin Breathe Easy for children – a natural supplement that helps breathing difficulties – we used this for awhile instead of his Ventolin puffer, but didn’t find it as effective as his Ventolin puffer. Used when he was 7 years old (2013)
- Sedona method – Great technique (you can learn it yourself by purchasing the book and or getting it from the library, or maybe googling this technique). I love this technique and highly recommend it although I don’t currently use it very much anymore
- Shamanic healing sessions (Moses used to receive shamanic healing sessions every 6 months to a year or so until he was 7 years old, but as of December 2014, we are taking a break from shamanic healing and any other energy healing sessions other than our karmic healer and energy healing chiropactor)
- Spectro Kids EczemaCare – ironically, made Moses’ eczema very, very itchy and red. We only used it once and will never use it again.
- numerous special creams for eczema (including medicated creams, as well as over the counter creams purchased online, from health food stores, at the recommendation of homeopaths, etc.), none of which helped. The thing that helped Moses’ skin is sequential treatment through Heilkunst homeopathy
- numerous supplements, some of which Moses was sensitive to and made his rash worse.
- Zinc supplement – H13 zinc – his homeopath suggested 3 pellets twice a day for ear fissures in Feb 2015 (he took this for two days before I found out that it contains lactose and wheat starch – ack! This likely explains the recent increase in rashes (back, stomach) and stomach pains. His asthma and cough has also increased.
Treatments we have considered, but haven’t used (yet)
- camel milk
- high dose lypospheric vitamin C – recommended by Healthyself — helps with asthma and allergies. Was going to order, but then noticed that it’s contraindicated for individuals with G6PD deficiency (high dose vitamin C makes Moses susceptible to hemalysis).
- Quinton Isotonic minerals
- IVIG – his immunologist has suggested this as a monthly treatment, but we aren’t interested in it at the moment
- Pulmogen by Genestra (a lung tonic, suggested by his naturopath)
- Naltrexone low dose
- One of my readers recommended Dr. Yanick, who created Quantafoods. This naturopath’s approach has to do with healing the inner physician so that the body can heal itself (the inner physician consists of the efferent-afferent neurons, the liver and gallbladder, and the microbiome). He is located in Las Vegas but can do consultations by e-mail. His website is http://www.quantafoods.com/. You can read this free e-book he wrote about his approach here to learn more about it: http://marthlinn.s3.amazonaws.com/Yanickbooklet.pdf.
- Dr. Schulze’s herbs (highly recommended by our karmic healer)
- Our naturopath recommended UMAC liquid, which is a phytoplankton and a great source of antioxidants and micronutrients. I am considering trying this, but am also wary because CD is not effective with antioxidants, so I’ll need to decide which is more important.
- Concept Therapy – Zone healing – my friend Emma mentioned it to me
- Healer at Circle of Intention, recommended by my Heilkunstler
- Full CoRE reading with Ati – recommended by my Heilkunstler
- rinsing with wheatgrass for 5 minutes, instead of oil pulling, for dental issues.
- Beyond Diet and Nutrition by Patricia Lemer.
- ice cold foot baths
- Vision Therapy with a Developmental Optometrist, such as Dr. Brent Neufeld in Calgary, AB. He comes highly recommended. In 4 months, a friend’s son had his reading cognition improve by 3 grade levels as a result of this therapy. It’s not cheap (~$700 for the initial assessment and ~$460 per month), but my friend said that it’s been a game changer for her son, who has tried a lot of different therapies.
- My karmic healer recommended: Sota Silver Pulser Bio Stimulator Pulse to fight bacteria and viruses.
Taiga Professional A320 by Positive Health Australia, which could be ordered from here. Shipping is approx. $22 to US.
- Read about how another holistic mom is treating her son’s multiple allergies and hyper IgE here.
- Read about how another holistic mom is treating her son with multiple allergies, Hyper IgE (15,000) and Chronic Granumatolous Disease (CGD) here.
- Read about other potential treatments for Job’s syndrome.